[rules-users] Hibernate Configuration with Drools 5.4

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Tue Jun 19 06:16:56 EDT 2012

To me, the problem discussed in this thread highlights a deeper problem (more than DT compile time) : using DT as data storage is bad.
Wolfgang's post demonstrate this fact.

Previous posts demonstrate another problem : having 50k, 100k rules with the very same (basic) structure demonstrate that people don't think much about what they are doing (and using), but fall into quick-and-dirty additions into an already too fat and confuse system. This sentence from zeeshan is symptomatic : "because if it can run for 26k initially, then it should continue running with the same or more number of records" ... no, everything has a limit. Indeed, rules system allows to handle big KB and big data set, but they are not magic (another sentence from zeeshan : "... when I started working on Drools, I was assured with performance and ease in developing business rule" : Does your guy assumes that whatever KB or data size ??? If yes, stop believe him).

And I am pretty sure that the WHOLE COMMUNITY is almost never using such big DT (or at least I hope so).