[rules-users] JBPM & ontology

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 18:01:21 EDT 2012

Hi Olfa,
sorry, I've been travelling in the last 3 weeks, I'll answer your emails
shortly after.
Now, for a general, public answer: "integrating business processes and
ontologies" is a very broad question...
Some possible interpretations include:

1) Using a BP ontology as a meta-model of BPs, so that BPMN processes would
be recognized as instances of the concepts defined in that ontology. You can
then "reason" over the precesses themselves.
2) Using a BP to orchestrate "Semantic Web Services"
3) Using the ontology as a data/domain model, shared between the tasks, to
exchange information
4) Use a BP to express the transformations to be applied to a set of data
defined in an ontology
5) Any combination of the above and more...

you can google up a number of papers, reports, standards, works etc for any
of them and possibly more
JBPM people, feel free to pick up the lines ;)
Best
Davide