[rules-users] how to handle the overwrinting values in drools planner

Ricardo sprabakkar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 14:29:49 EDT 2012

sorry there is a small correction in the earlier post...

I - When I use 3 items 2 boxes....(this is wrong)

item1 (4x4) --> box1 (5x5)
item2 (4x4) --> box2 (5x5)
item3 (4x4) --> box1 (5x5)

II - When I use 2 item, result as follows...(this is correct)
item1 (4x4) --> box1 (5x5)
item2 (4x4) --> box2 (5x5)

III - When I increase one more box....(this is correct too)
item1 (4x4) --> box1
item2 (4x4) --> box2
item3 (4x4) --> box3

you can see the test I - it is over writing the first assignment and assign
the new item there in the box 1, I unable to figure it out how to solve this
problem, I suspect this can be done in the score calculation rules, the
problem is I do not know how to implement to avoid the overwriting
assignments.

thanks,

-----
with kind regards,