[rules-users] Does Drools Fusion consume a lot of memory?

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 07:45:20 EDT 2012

On 28/06/2012, chrisLi <shengtao0077 at 163.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I divided it into TransactionEvent and Account.  So, when an
> event was inserted, there are
>
> two accounts inserted too.

Do you retract these two Account facts after a Transaction has been processed?

>     When I ran my test program without any rules in fusion engine , the
> results are as follow:
>
>        Amount of events     highest heap memory usage(MB)
>               5000                         308
>               10000                          345
>               15000                          366
>               20000                          392
>               25000                          409
>               30000                          401
>               35000                          399
>               40000                          411
>               45000                          401

This means that it's the rules that cause the substantial increase.  -
I need a little more background information.

You are investigating (up to) 30 days at a time. Does this mean that
you run this once a day, every day, with all transactions for the last
30 days? Or will you (ultimately) execute in real time to detect
things as soon as possible?