[rules-users] Guvnor REST API and XLS decision tables

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Wed May 16 05:27:45 EDT 2012

anchi wrote:
> No it is not corrupted, I've uploaded it through Guvnor web console. When I
> download it directly through Guvnor UI, I get a valid file.
>
> Also when I reach it through REST API using:
> http://{guvnor_url}/rest/packages/{package}/assets/{xls_name}/binary , I
> also get a valid file.
>
> The only case when I get a corrupted file is when I use:
> http://{guvnor_url}/rest/packages/{package}/assets/{xls_name}/source
>
> I have adjusted my application to check for this special case, and when file
> extension is .xls i use /binary URL (for other assets I'm using /source
> url), but I'm still interested on how to get xls through REST api using
> http://{guvnor_url}/rest/packages/{package}/assets/{xls_name}/source

Hi it is not safe to get the binary content by using
http://{guvnor_url}/rest/packages/{package}/assets/{xls_name}/source. As
the Guvnor has no idea what charset encoding is used by that binary
file. When Guvnor converts the binary to a String representation, it can
only use the platform default charset. If this is the different encoding
than the original one, then your file will be corrupted.
Make sure you use
http://{guvnor_url}/rest/packages/{package}/assets/{xls_name}/binary
instead to retrieve the binary content.

Cheers,