[rules-users] Best practice to use heap memory effectively

mohan mohan.narangoda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 07:24:18 EST 2012

Even though i have upgraded my application (jboss-6.1.0.Final, Jboss ESB
4.11,drools-5.3.1.Final,mvel2-2.1.0.drools4) still I’m facing memory leak.
Application reached 15 GB heap while it ran 4 hours. While going through
series of forum post now I suspect that single StatefulSession cause the
damage (without dispose).
Still I couldn’t track the approach to use one very large long-running
StatefulKnowledgeSession containing all relevant operational data(facts) and
trigger reasoning process over  my CEP events (especially streaming events).
To be more precise below I’ll mention my use case.

•	I have X number of Cells have to pre-loaded in to WM.
•	If customer(c1) make a call (voice event) inside Cell(A) need to offer
free data product. --> insert customer(c1) to WM
•	Same customer(c1) not eligible for offer for subsequent calls made inside
Cell(A) during next 24 hours. -->After 24 hours  customer(c1) fact retract
from WM.

How can we decide exact time finishes using the session to dispose? How can
we achieve above case (fusion sliding window) without single session?