[rules-users] Drools Planner: Linear programming with drools?

oliver.rolle oliver.rolle at stud.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Nov 15 08:26:28 EST 2012

Hi,
I am writing a paper about route optimizations for fire trucks through
influencing the traffic control system. The idea is to give fire trucks a
green wave under the restriction of the flow of traffic.

I want to compare the solutions of different methods for the problem:
1. Linear programming / Simplex: best solution
2. Heuristic / Drools: good solution
3. Real-time / Drools: good solution

The simplex algorithm is not implemented in Drools. Can Drools emulate the
simplex algorithm? Does Drools metaheuristic approach solve linear models as
good as simplex does? always?

best regards
Oli