[rules-users] Drools scalability in home automation scenarios

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 09:30:58 EST 2012

First, one would imagine that there are rules that are absolute, i.e., do
not depend on a user's whim or view of his/her home. These can be compiled
once and used in a rule base.

Second, variable user data may not necessarily require distinct rules.
It's conceivable that some of that data may be interpreted by generic
rules. (Imagine rules for computing the areas of rooms: you don't need
a distinct rule for each room; instead, use one or more generic rules
and feed the room shape and dimensions as fact data.)

-W