[rules-users] Different results with same fact base

raffi christian.koehler at s2008.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Nov 29 01:40:31 EST 2012

Hi,

I have a strange behavior with the Drools Expert 5.5.0. After running the
main class few times in a row, the results suddenly differ from the ones
before it. That means there are somtimes 3, 4 or 5 results shown in console.

I am using a statefulknowledgesession. Inserting of all facts is done with
normal java lists. For my last type of facts I insert one, call
fireAllRules(), and retract it again. Showing in console is solved with
queries. At the end I'm calling the dispose()-method. I added it to see if
there is a change in behavior. But with or without it there is the same
problem with different results after few directly runnings.
Rules and queries are defined in a drl-file and loaded via
knowledgebuilder's add()-method. I am working with eclipse and of course the
plugin for it.

Could it be a problem with something memory like (in a way like a cache or
similar to the garbage collection)?
I hope with this short explanation you can give me a feedback. If not its
not problem to describe in a more detailed way.

Thank you.