[rules-users] Inconsistent behavior of a rule

dec roni.frantchi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 05:45:47 EST 2012

See attached DRL. input is: condFt="supportedValue"
I have a rule with the following 'when' part which will not hit, though it
should:

                $supportFT: supportFT()
                condFT(value == $supportFT.getValue())
                $conclusion: testInferred()

while the following one will hit, even though the two seems equivalent:

                $supportFT: supportFT(value == null || value !=null)
                condFT(value == $supportFT.getValue())
                $conclusion: testInferred()

another one that seems equivalent that will hit:
                $supportFT: supportFT()
                supportFT(value == $condFt.getValue())
                $conclusion: testInferred()

Not sure if it is indeed a bug, or a misuse on my part,
but I can't understand why the first rule will not hit. And even stranger,
why the second and third which seems the same will.

testInferred3.drl
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4021003/testInferred3.drl>