[rules-users] taskName does not allow special characters

eselis erica.selis at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 16:04:18 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have an application that use Guvnor 5.4.0 final as a process repository
running in a JBOSS-EAPv6, BPMN2 processes are designed with Orix (v2.3.0),
both are running in a JBOSS-EAPv6.
In addition I have another app which consumes processes from Guvnor (running
in another Jboos-EAPv6) which lists tasks.

When I created a BPMN2 process, I used different type of tasks, but for
/TaskType=User/ I have two names to define: the name (which is visualized in
the designer) and the TaskName.

I can't use the same name because TaskName (inside ORIX) does not allow
special characters (spaces and accents) for example "Llamada al médico". If
I use a TaskName with special characters, then when I want to validate the
process, it fails due to /User Task has no task form defined/ and if I
define the form, changes are not saved.
So, my "solution" is to use diferent names (one for visualization and
another one for the taskname used by jbpm). But when I have to listed the
tasks in my app I need the name displayed in the designer (the one that is
visualized in the designer, and is listed within the Common area inside the
Task properties). I here is my problem, because I can get the nodes to have
the name attribute, but neither Task nor TaskSummary has a link to the node.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,