[rules-users] Field value is different when and then section, very strange. Is it mvel vs java issue

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 11:37:04 EDT 2012

This is a list for support of the drools product, but there is some expectation that you will figure out some basic functionality by reading the docs and putting some thought into it. :)

In general, though, the "next rule" is whatever rule matches the objects currently in working memory.  If you don't want a given rule to fire you should make sure that the objects altered no longer match it after they are changed.  In your original example the Account object matched in Rule1 has no conditions on it at all, meaning any Account in working memory will be matched, so it's no wonder that it's being matched repeatedly.

Also, I'm puzzled by your calls to StringUtils.equals() in the rule conditions.  Did you not try this?

account : Account(accountStatus == "NEW")

Again, in the docs, this is the recommended way to test object properties.