[rules-users] Noob desperately needing help

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:42:27 EDT 2012

I agree with Davide.

Google with >java.util.zip.Deflater native method init< returns
several interesting hits, some of which indicate that it is possible
to run into an
OOME, e.g., when heap and perm space doesn't leave enough room for
native memory allocation.

When this problem became manifest: was there a change of the OS
or JVM version? Does the error occur after some other processing
using similar procedures has been done, possibly without returning
memory allocations?

Insert a call
   new Deflater(Deflater.DEFAULT_COMPRESSION, true);
and a logger call, preceding
   ZipOutputStream outputStream = new ZipOutputStream(baos);   <---
rule hangs here
to narrow it down.

-W