[rules-users] Noob desperately needing help

zaphod pcooper at emspic.org
Wed Oct 31 15:37:58 EDT 2012

Mattias (and Esteban)...

Well.....you guys gave me the solution to the problem, but in a wildly
indirect way.  I downloaded the source for zip4j, added a bunch of logging
so I could figure out where the code was hanging, went to replace the
existing library and.....hmmm, where the heck IS the existing library?

Long story short, was not including the zip4j.jar in the app classpath.
Added the debug version, and, surprise, surprise, it worked.

So, it turns out I should have been getting a ClassNotFound exception from
the classloader.  Not sure why drools would just stop and NOT throw a
ClassNotFound exception, but that is no longer my concern.

Thanks to everyone who participated in leading me to a solution...a typical
false-positive error.  And to Davide....you were right, not a Drools problem
at all.  It was the nut behind the keyboard (aka PEBKAC).

Paul