[rules-users] Can we use rule "extends" option in decision tables?

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 15:04:35 EDT 2012

Consider a rule A and another one, B, extending it. If both are activated
and
A fires first, it may change a fact so that A's consequence isn't true any
more.
But this would deactivate B so that it can't fire at all. You can also
write a consequence for B that modifies facts so that A's condition becomes
false.

The only reliable way seems to let B's consequence modify only
facts bound in B's (additional) conditions and to give it a higher
constraint - then A's consequence will fire later and modify facts
bound in A's condition.

There's no documentation on "extends" for rules, although it has been around
for quite some time. Perhaps it's just an experimental feature that will
disappear again...?

-W