[rules-users] Can we use rule "extends" option in decision tables?

lhorton LHorton at ABCLegal.com
Fri Sep 7 16:47:11 EDT 2012

Good points.  And in fact, decision tables are already designed to do the
kind of thing I'm experimenting with using "extends," i.e. they let one put
a set of common conditions in one CONDITION column that can be used by
one-to-many rules in the table.

Is there documentation about how 'extends' works as a rule option?  In my
experiments so far I see the base rule usually firing before the rule that
extends it, but in some cases i see only the extended rule firing, which
didn't make sense to me.  We're still on 5.2.0.Final though, so maybe things
have changed.  Don't worry, I'm not going to file a bug report!  Just
experimenting with this new-to-me feature.