[rules-users] Cutom Attributes in Drools

dme1 mehtad at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 12:31:21 EDT 2012

Hi,

Is there support for Custom Attributes in Drools? What I want to do is add
attributes which determines when rules should be fired as well as attributes
that the rule updates which I can query at a later time.

E.g. Fire rule only for specific regions. So when new rules are
created/added BAs can define if it is applicable to specific regions.

Then the rule could result in a violation that could or could not be
overriden, so I want to add an attribute called override which is set by the
rule, which I can check after all rules are fired. I can use MetaData to
define this, but I need a pre-defined list which BAs can choose from when
creating a new rule.

Any thoughts on how I can implement this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
dme