[rules-users] Drools 5.4.0 Final library problem

Eric Davison eric.davison at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:39:42 EDT 2012

I am having a small problem, I have Drools 5.4.0.Final installed, I
have Eclipse Indigo, Java JRE 5.0(or JRE and JDK 1.6), and the Drools
Plugin.  I am attempting to run the hello world example.  So the
problem is I am getting this error:

org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException: Unable to load dialect
'org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.JavaDialectConfiguration:java:org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.JavaDialectConfiguration'
	at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration.addDialect(PackageBuilderConfiguration.java:313)
	at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration.buildDialectConfigurationMap(PackageBuilderConfiguration.java:298)
	at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration.init(PackageBuilderConfiguration.java:187)
	at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration.<init>(PackageBuilderConfiguration.java:165)
	at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.<init>(PackageBuilder.java:301)
	at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.<init>(PackageBuilder.java:229)
	at org.drools.builder.impl.KnowledgeBuilderFactoryServiceImpl.newKnowledgeBuilder(KnowledgeBuilderFactoryServiceImpl.java:34)
	at org.drools.builder.KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder(KnowledgeBuilderFactory.java:46)
	at com.sample.DroolsTest.readKnowledgeBase(DroolsTest.java:39)
	at com.sample.DroolsTest.main(DroolsTest.java:23)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: The Eclipse JDT Core jar is not
in the classpath
	at org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.JavaDialectConfiguration.setCompiler(JavaDialectConfiguration.java:96)
	at org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.JavaDialectConfiguration.init(JavaDialectConfiguration.java:57)
	at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration.addDialect(PackageBuilderConfiguration.java:309)
	... 9 more

I understood this to be fixed in this version, so I firmly believe
that I have hosed something up here.  I think I have just stared at it
too long.

I have validated that I have the following in the Installed Software
Tab of the Eclipse Installation Details: Drools Core 5.4.0.Final,
Drools Guvnor 5.4.0.Final, jBPMCore 5.4.0.Final, and jBPM Task
5.4.0.Final.

Also I have Drools Eclipse Plug-ins installed under the Plug-ins tab.
All of them are 5.4.0.Final

I have JAVA_HOME set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_30 and it is
also in my Path %JAVA_HOME%\bin.

Also the compiler settings in Eclipse are set for 1.6, and ensured
that the jdk1.6.0_30 is part of the project.  Also the Drools Library
is there and has drools-core.jar contained in it.

If you have any suggestions please send them my way.

Thank you,

Eric