[rules-users] Mapping fields of all theses facts takes too much times

ronan.quintin ronan.quintin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:00:14 EDT 2013

Hello / Bonjour

I recently updated my version of Drools from 3 to the 5.4 Final. My drools
integration in version 3 intend to directly insert (or more precisely
"assert") our business objects to working session. Our *b*usiness *o*bjects
had and still have some getters which directly performs SQL request.
Our current problem is that with a 5.4 declarative model we have to map all
fields from our bo model to the declarative model. But we have a lot of BO
(over 3K) which all have to be inserted to the session, so a lot of SQL
queries are performed which increases (a lot) the execution time.
That's why i wondered if there isn't any way to directy insert our BO into
the session using the Guvnor's POJO model. It's seems that guvnor refuse to
directly take our jar, but maybe there is an option which makes it accept
any jar.
Anyway i think that we can generate a jar which contains interfaces of all
BO, and then directly insert BO into the session, but i'm not sure of Drools
behaviour.

I'm perfectly aware that it's quite ugly, and if you have any other idea to
perform a "lazy loading direclty from database", i'l take it.

Regards / Cordialement