[rules-users] Optaplan6.0.0Beta1:chaining-simpleScore OK, DRL Score corruption

Paul T pt_5432 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 06:15:15 EDT 2013

Requirement:Equip to tasks scheduling.Earlier tasks may not exceed a waittime
to latest endtime for each job.

2 JOBs to plan each with 2 identical TASKs with only 1 EQUIPMENT anchor:
J1 comprises T1,T2		and         J2 comprises T1,T2.

problem    Fact: 	EQUIPMENT E1
planning Entity: 	TASK	T1|duration=3|waittime=2   and
T2|duration=5|waittime=3

OptaPlan Schedule attempt
-------------------------
anchor(E1:T1J1,T1J2,T2J1,T2J2)      - so T1J1 is pos1,T1J2 is pos2 etc :
timings are 3+3+5+5 and respective waittimes are 2,2,3,3

Rule: get latest ending task by JOB and punish if waittime is exceeded
between the tasks for that specific JOB.

	J1 latestendtime=11 which is T2J1
	J2 latestendtime=16 which is T2J2
	Punish if any task endtime for JOB exceeds waittime (so for J1:
T2J1-T1J1=(11-6-2)*-1 = -3 (SOFT)
		 - I believe that the score function remembers J1,T2J1 in position 3 and
T1J1 in position 1 with SOFT score -3

OptaPlan Schedule attempt
-------------------------
anchor(E1:T1J1,T2J2,T2J1,T1J2)      - so T1J1 is pos1,T2J2 is pos2 etc :
timings are 3+5+5+3 and respective waittimes are 2,3,3,2

Rule: get latest ending task by JOB and punish if waittime is exceeded
between JOBs

	J1 latestendtime=13 which is T2J1
	J2 latestendtime=16 which is T1J2
	Punish if any task endtime for JOB exceeds waittime (so for J1:
T2J1-T1J1=(13-6-2)*-1 = -5 (SOFT)
		 - I believe that the score function remembers J1,T2J1 in position 3 and
T1J1 in position 1 with SOFT score -5

Score corruption seems to occur as the DRL scoring function has 2 identical
set of entities/values but with different score results!
 J1,T2J1 in position 3 and T1J1 in position 1 with SOFT score -3
 J1,T2J1 in position 3 and T1J1 in position 1 with SOFT score -5

What has happened is that J2 has swapped its tasks around which are not(?)
taken into account for  a chaining DRL score function and
hence does not see them as different.

Q?: Am I correct in my assumption that the DRL score function has
insufficient data to compare for my requirement?
Q?: If so any ideas to resolve?