[rules-users] Getting Started with an simple sample

Stefan Schuster stefan.m.schuster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 05:30:40 EDT 2013

Hello,

I’m still in the phase of learning the basics with drools. Therefor I
created a simplified problem that I try to realize it with drools:

I have several detectors, each of them measures something and converts it
into an integer value between 1 one 6. Every Minute a new measurement is
performed.

When a detector reaches a value of 5 or above, a textfile is created with
the name of the detector as filename and a predefined text as content. When
the detector reaches a value of 3 or less, the texfile is deleted.

My problem is that I’m still “thinking in java” and not yet “thinking in
drools”.

I guess the measured values would be facts that I insert (like the
key-pressed events in the pong-example) to the knowledgebase. But now I
stumble, I have no idea how to continue. Could anyone give me a helping
hand for the next steps?

Thanks in advance

Stefan