[rules-users] Getting Started with an simple sample

Bojan Janisch bojan.janisch at scai.fraunhofer.de
Fri Apr 26 06:04:29 EDT 2013

Hi Stefan,

after you know what in the knowledgesession shall be, you have to think how you could check the value that the detectors return. For this you could create a new class e.g. MeasureResult which contains the result of the detectors. So instead of inserting the value, you insert the object (that contains the value) into the session. Now your rule only have to check if there is a MeasureResult object and depending on the value, do something.

For example:

rule "Measure >= 5"
when
    MeasureResult(result >= 5)
then
    //insert textfile creation here
end

rule "Measure <= 3"
when
    MeasureResult(result <= 3)
then
    //insert textfile deletion here
end

Of course for these rules your MeasureResult class need a variable called result and getter-Methods for it.

Greetings
Bojan