[rules-users] Drools Guvnor - Testing rules

Alan alanm.araya at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 20:28:51 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

I'm validating some features of Drools Guvnor and I would like to have some
directions.
We've got a project that has a lot of rules(its not on drools already, but
we pretend to migrate it) and we would like to use Drools Guvnor to host
those rules and run some analysis on it.

I've seen some features but it still not clear, so I will list my doubts and
you can say, ok it does or no it doesn't do it.

*Do drools guvnor validate missing ends on rules? Ex: when age > 15 and sex
== 'F' then Y();(note that it doesn't cover age <= 15)
*Do it validate/find infinite loops?
*Do it validate duplicate cases?(ex: when age > 15 then Y(); when age > 14
then Y();)

Is there some resource (documentation) that covers what cases drools guvnor
can handle on rules validation?
Also, is there some more examples(projects) to deploy on Guvnor to test and
have some fun?

Thanks a lot,

Alan Araya