[rules-users] Optaplanner: Shadow Variables vs insertLogical

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 10:56:11 EDT 2013

On 11-07-13 14:57, jonathan.labin wrote:
> ge0ffrey wrote
>> But the first question is why you're getting score corruption the first
>> place.
> Of course I'm not sure of the cause of the score corruption.  I assume that
> it is due to my rules using an accumulator over Planning Entities in the
> When portion of the rule and that somehow confusing the delta score
> calculations.
Several examples (such as cloud balance) use rules that accumulate too,
yet don't suffer from score corruption.

1) Do you use custom moves? (forgetting to tell the scoreDirector of the
changes you did on the entities can cause corruption)
2) What version of OptaPlanner do you use? It's good idea to upgrade to
Beta5, regardless.
3) Do you use your own cloner?
4) What rule is causing corruption? Can you copy paste it?

If none of the above explain the score corruption and you're on Beta5,
there's a remote chance its an issue in drools itself.
Create a reproducer, attach it a new jira issue, and we'll look into.
Here's an example of such an similar jira:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/DROOLS-108