[rules-users] ruleEventProcessingType=STREAM not working with DRL resource from Gunvor

mredhat markcoble at markcoble.com
Wed Jul 17 05:33:01 EDT 2013

Platform:JBoss SOAP 5.2 for ESB deploymetn with BRMS Standalone 5.3 for
authoring and retrieving rules from Guvnor.I am executing CEP logic with the
BusinessRulesProcess ESB aciton.  I pass it the following
properties:<property name=&quot;&lt;b>ruleAgentProperties*"
value="kie-agent/ChangeSet.xml" /><property
name=&quot;ruleEventProcessingType&quot; value=&quot;&lt;b>STREAM*" />where
the ChangeSet.xml is as below.  If I use the file-based url for the DRL
resource shown below,  my CEP logic :not $rp2: DataResponse(id== "CEP-001",
this after [2m] $rq) from entry-point "Event Processing stream"works as
expected.  However, if I pull the DRL resource from Guvnor using the http
resource below,  this rule fires immediately as if the
ruleEventProcessingType of STREAM is being ignored.If you notice, I am using
the LATEST.drl and not LATEST.pkg do to an issue that seemed to be related
to different versions of MVEL from my SOA server and the BRMS server hosting
Guvnor.  For what I am trying to test I hoped this would be an acceptable
workaround.  I thought the SOA server would now parse the rules obtained
from Guvnor in the same way as when they are file based (i.e, same runtime
MVEL, drools core, etc.) If anyone has had a similar problem or see
something glaringly wrong please let me know!ChangeSet.xml: