[rules-users] VRP with multi-stream and heterogeneous fleet?

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 02:39:29 EDT 2013

That shouldn't pose a problem at all.
Start from the VRP example.

One way would be to change the domain model so every Vehicle has one
VehicleType.
Then adjust the score constraints to take that VehicleType into account.

Another way to model it is to have each Vehicle have a trashCapacity,
recyclingCapacity, ... (most of which are 0) and have each Customer have
trashDemand, recyclingDemand, ... Then the split bin trucks are easy.
A further optimization would avoid hard coding the stream types by
introducing a StreamType so a Vehicle has a list of StreamTypeCapacity
and Customer has a list of StreamTypeDemand.