[rules-users] StatefulKnowledgeSession and multi-threaded processing

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Tue Jun 4 04:21:59 EDT 2013

You could just create a Java POJO fact, containing a hashmap, and set that hashmap to be a reference to your Redis hash map. It ought to work as long as you don't intend to have any rules which depend on reacting to changes to values within the hashmap.

However, without a properly defined fact model, it's somewhat questionable whether you're going to get any real benefit from using Drools in the first place.

If you're just trying to avoid writing code for doing the marshalling, then I would recommend checking out Apache Commons BeanUtils. There is a populate() method which will copy values from a Map to a bean.

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-beanutils//api/org/apache/commons/beanutils/BeanUtils.html#populate(java.lang.Object, java.util.Map)

Using that, you can have a well-defined fact model, and convert your Redis HashMap to it with minimal code.

Steve