[rules-users] Url Resource Guvnor connection + ProtocolException

abhinay_agarwal abhinay_agarwal at infosys.com
Wed Jun 5 08:51:58 EDT 2013

Hey,

I am trying to reach my guvnor repository using  a very simple block of code

UrlResource urlResource = new UrlResource(url);
urlResource.setBasicAuthentication("enabled");
urlResource.setUsername("admin");
urlResource.setPassword("admin");
kbuilder.add(urlResource, ResourceType.PKG);

Now, this code works fine on standalone, but as soon as the code is deployed
with the application, it throws this exception:

*java.net.ProtocolException: Server redirected too many  times (20)*

I know there is some problem with server side coding, but I am not able to
get it.

I guess, when I am trying to access the guvnor link through my application,
it gets into an infinite redirection and not able to come out from it.

Might be the  Authenticator class of java.net is called and
getPasswordAuthentication() fails, but since I am not an expertise in this
locale so facing issue to resolve it.

Any help is welcome.

Regards,
Abhinay