[rules-users] Create KieBase from Jar/Zip

Daniel Straub ds at ctrlaltdel.de
Tue Jun 25 08:38:32 EDT 2013

If we create a KieBase from a Jar, all rules has to be placed in
"src/main/resources"  (why ?).
That means, it is not possible to build a "jar" with maven, beacuse maven
puts all resouces in the root folder of fhe jar.
Ok, we build a "zip", using the maven assembly plugin.

But there is an error in
org.drools.compiler.compiler.io.memory.MemoryFileSystem :

This implementation expected every file is placed in a folder - that's true,
except the pom.xml.

But if we place the pom.xml in another folder (like META-INF), the pom isn't
found.

As workaround to this and the previous errors, we create now the
KieFileSystem itself :