[rules-users] Drools 5.5 and Java 1.6 versus 1.7 Question

rbiller billers at verizon.net
Fri Mar 1 15:15:38 EST 2013

Does anyone know of a compatibility matrix that shows what JDK versions are
compatible with Drools 5.5? The documentation mentions at least Java 1.5 is
needed, and says some examples may need 1.6.

I have encountered a problem when classes are compiled with Java 1.7, in
that if they are referenced by a DRL file, the rules compiler gives the
error "[Class] cannot be resolved to a type" for the classes that were
compiled (actually the whole jar) with Java 1.7.

Here is my post when I was trying to resolve that compile issue:
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/Converting-Drools-3-x-to-5-5-A-JBoss-Rules-compilation-error-MyClassHelper-cannot-be-resolved-to-a-te-td4022529.html>

The rule compiler error went away when I recompiled the classes and deployed
the jar using Java 1.6. Anyone else have an issue with 1.7, or know if
Drools 5.5 is supposed to be compatible?

Thanks,
rb