[rules-users] Converting Drools 3.x to 5.5-A JBoss Rules compilation error...MyClassHelper cannot be resolved to a type

rbiller billers at verizon.net
Fri Mar 1 14:33:00 EST 2013

I got a reponse on this posting on a different forum requesting me to verify
the JDK differences, and even though Eclipse was set to JRE 1.6, the output
class files when decompiled with javap showed the major version as 51 or
1.7. The classes were built with an ant script and java_home set to 1.6
version, however an installed 1.7 was found and used when this was built
from ant with the headless eclipse compile.

Therefore, the rules that got the error of "[Class] cannot be resolved to a
type." got this exception when those referred classes were compiled with
java 1.7. I'm going to post another question about compatibility and see if
others have had issues with 1.7.
Thanks,
rb