[rules-users] Agenda-group in fact insert time

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu May 9 11:04:26 EDT 2013

One of the benefits of the Rete algorithm is its capability (given that
the network is built properly) of not having to evaluate identical
conditions occuring in several rules individually. This would be
thwarted by blocking the evaluation of all rules except the ones in
the current group.

Also, consider what should happen after one group becomes active,
some rules fire and another group is activated. Should all updates
be ignored for the rules of the first group? So, when this group becomes
active again, all rules have to be evaluated from scratch?

There might be scenarios where the approach for evaluating rules
in batches would be more efficient, but these might be solved using
a completely different approach.

-W