[rules-users] Agenda-group in fact insert time

Sonata plz.write.to at gmail.com
Thu May 9 20:11:01 EDT 2013

Thank you so much Wolfgang (is that your name? I saw that in some other
posts. Cool )!

Yes, now I know the benefit of this approach, now I am wondering why we are
only left with one option?

Could I propose a new and easy API that you can create a session from kbase
with rules in a particular agenda-group(s)? Then start inserting fact to
that session, so that rules in other agenda-groups will not be evaluated
under this user's choice.

Until then, do you think maintaining different kbases for each agenda-group
(i.e. one agenda-group in one kbase) is a good idea?

When rules in an agenda-group are needed to be fired, that kbase is used to
create session(s). When rules across more than one agenda-groups are needed
to be fired, those kbases can be added together to form a bigger kbase to
create a session.

This method is not perfect nor an ultimate solution. This is just a trade
off for performance vs flexibility. By doing that, we for sure cannot write
dynamic agenda-group focusing rules (those rules will not break down, just
there will be no such group for that session) and which groups to fire must
be planned beforehand.