[rules-users] Deployment on websphere

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Sat May 18 04:35:49 EDT 2013

I created a server under WLP called guvnor:

	sudo /usr/share/was/wlp/bin/server create guvnor

One specific issue that I came across was that Guvnor attempted to create files inside the war when it started up. Therefore, I wasn't able to get it to work using the zipped up war. Similarly, hot deploy into the "dropins" directory didn't work. So as per my script (https://gist.github.com/gratiartis/5205287), I just unzipped the war and copied it into the was apps directory.

Putting it in the apps directory means that you need to define it in the server's server.xml file. In my build, that's found in:
	/usr/share/was/wlp/usr/servers/guvnor

The server.xml provided in the Gist linked above is the entirety of mine. Nothing was cut out of it.

With that done, I only needed to start Guvnor and I was away.

	sudo /usr/share/was/wlp/bin/server start guvnor

fyi - This is running on: Ubuntu 12.10, Quantal Quetzal

Steve