[rules-users] Out of Mem and thousand threads : Disabling JIT ?

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 08:11:00 EST 2013

Raphael,

the option to disable jitting is in the class PermGenThresholdOption and the
property name is drools.permgenThreshold.

The idea there was that the main problem that jitting could cause is the
PermGen occupation, so we decided to provide an option to set the percentage
of PermGen space that can be used before it stops jitting. Of course if you
set that value to 0 it will cause to disable jitting completely.

As for the problem you're reporting it sounds a bit weird to me because
we're using a cached thread pool Executor there. Anyway I'll try to
reproduce the problem and check how I could prevent this.

Thank you for having reported it,
Mario