[rules-users] Out of Mem and thousand threads : Disabling JIT ?

Raphael Jolivet raphael.jolivet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 08:29:15 EST 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the hint.

I have looked around for a generic solution of OutOfMemory, native thread,
etc :
https://community.jboss.org/thread/164955
It seems actually that Drools uses a thread pool for Jitting and that in my
case the thread pool
thinks it can create an infinity of threads : and it does.
But at one point, the System blocks it (based on ulimit -a settings or
actual memory issues)

It seems to me that Jit compilation requires fine tuning for it to work,
and all those configuration magic numbers (JIT_THRESHOLD
and so on) should not be hidden to the user and properly documented.

In am running Drools in the context of a J2EE environment (JBoss in my
case). And thread pool settings is already a critical
topic. We definitely need more control (more visible ones) on those issues.

I will try to diable JIT in my case in the meantime, but I am waiting
forward
to be able to use it in the future :)

Thanks again,
Brgds,