[rules-users] Drools 6 getting started

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Nov 25 07:46:26 EST 2013

The links weren’t suppose to go up yet, sorry. We haven’t finished preparing the videos and there is a new website to come.

In the mean time you need to read the Workbench Installation Guide:
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/6.0.0.Final/drools-docs/html/wb.Workbench.html#wb.Installation

And the Build, Deploy and Utilize here:
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/6.0.0.Final/drools-docs/html/KIEChapter.html#KIEOverviewSection

Installation is trivla, you drop the jar in JBossAS and you are ready to go - as per the first video in the playlist. It has a starting playground. Just click “build and deploy” for a project and you are good to go:
http://tinyurl.com/pnq6497

The workbench installation docs tell you how to configure the location of things like the GIT repo, the maven repo etc. Although it will start with default “working folder”.

Mark