[rules-users] What is URL for Guvnor REST API in 6.0.0-Final?

SrjTx clickthex at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 14:52:41 EST 2013

Thanks guys!

Here's our use-case/flow.

Could you please share your recommendations on our application integration
with Guvnor 6.0.0

We have SwitchYard 1.1 applications that are using the kie method to
interact with a Drools backend.  In this method you point what used to be a
5.5 CHANGE_SET backend and the middleware takes care of the typical sync of
change sets with the application so that it have visibility into the rule in
its runtime from the guvnor control point.  With 6.0.0, as you say, things
of change.  We would like to continue using the SwitchYard kie interface
with 6.0.0.

1. As per (Comment 8 at https://community.jboss.org/thread/234691), it looks
like kie integration is much more complex and not clear as to how I would
integrate.  Is there than an authoritative document that shows the
equivalent 6.0.0 flow, so that our application can get visibility into the
rules, etc. as it did with 5.5

2. As per the comment about GIT, if git the access API for retrieving
packages, is there documentation about how to unmarshall data in git so that
we can write some middleware to insert into kie layer in SwitchYard to hit
the repo via git?

3. Assuming we are using the guvnor frontend to manage rules, deploy rules,
compile assets, etc.  We are not looking for APIs to manage functionality.
We need the equivalent of REST to get the information about the assests
inside the packages/model.  For example, in 5.5 there were multiple REST
calls where you could specify an asset UUID and get its "source code" over
rest - In the case of BRL rules that source was XML.  That XML is what we
need.  Can you comment on approaches to getting the equivalent data in the
new git scenario?

Thanks!