[rules-users] Suggestion/Feedback for DSL

Sean Su sean.x.su at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 15:21:36 EDT 2013

If we are not changing how the DSL is working, I would like to provide some
feedback to the development team here.

Currently the DSL definition file is like a key value property file where
the key being the DSL and value being the DRL part of that DSL statement.
This is nice as we can change the DRL without impacting the DSL.

However when we update the DSL part, even as simple as the wording to be
displayed on the web page, which happens often, the rules using the DSL
statement will be broken.

Proposal: if possible, Drools/Guvnor should maintain a key (like name of
that statement) independent from the context that used for the Display.
Users should be allowed to update DSL without rebuilding the rules using
it, as long as the independent key is maintained.

Sean