[rules-users] BRMS 6 Access Permissions Configuration - Not Restricting Custom Roles

706826 zahid.ahmed at emirates.com
Tue Aug 19 06:52:25 EDT 2014

I want to put access control on the BRMS repository/project access, so that
developer-A can only work on repository-A. We have a central BRMS which has
one repository per project. We have 20 projects and have 20 repository, one
for each project.

We strongly want that user working on project-A must have access only on
project-A in BRMS.

I read the documentation that says,

*"The user either has to belong into a role that has access to the
repository or to a role that belongs into an orgazinational group that has
access to the repository. These restrictions can be managed with the command
line config tool."*

Our implementation to the above doc statement is to create custom roles for
each of our project. Then assign developer , analyst and admin permissions
to the roles and then assign these project specific roles only to the
project users. This way each project will have its own roles. And users
under those roles will be able to access only that project and repository in
BRMS.

*Problem*

To do this we simply ran KIE-CONFIG-CLI commands like "add-role-repo" and
considered that roles got added to the BRMS. BUT WE ARE UNABLE to associate
the permission (read/write, developer/admin) to our custom roles.
and upon login we are getting error "Login Failed : UNAuthorized"

*QUESTION * How can we have the ACL implemented in BRMS. Is there something
which we are missing.