[rules-users] Drools Fusion (CEP) & event life cycle

Ephemeris Lappis ephemeris.lappis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 15:36:45 EDT 2014

Hello.
Indeed, I have tested with the @expires and the objects are discarded in
this case. What I had understood in the documentation is precisely the other
way that the engine is expected to control the events expiration : "Inferred
Expiration" (8.8.2), when no temporal constraint involves the objects, they
are discarded.
This seems the best way to be sure to eliminate as soon as possible all the
useless objects, whatever their life time. This is particularly important
with flows of thousands of events per second.
Perhaps I don't understand this well... Another idea or advice ?
Thanks for your help.
Regards.