[rules-users] Facts - One to Many

Ray Hooker ray.hooker at me.com
Wed Jan 8 22:36:05 EST 2014

Wolfgang,  Thanks.  That works nicely.  I do have a followup question.  I wrote the following query:

rule "Find patient taking Atorvastin (Lipitor)"
	dialect "mvel"
	when
		$p: PatientRecord($meds: medications)
		MedicationRecord(getCode("RxNorm").contains("617314")) from $meds
	then
		System.out.println("Found a patient taking Lipitor: "+$p.medical_record_number);
		results.addResult(new Result("test",$p.medical_record_number,"Found Patient Taking Lipitor","now"));
end

The problem is that a patient record may have multiple times where this was prescribed.  How would I change the query so that it does not repeat the find so that it is logically:
“If the patient ever took Lipitor… or if there is any record of the patient taking Lipitor then flag then…”  instead of flagging for each hit??  So it only flags a patient with at least one medication record indicating Lipitor…

Thanks,

Ray