[rules-users] SwapMove for Entities with different Value ranges

jonathan.labin jonathan.labin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 16:56:57 EST 2014

I'd like to implement something like a swap move but in my domain each
Planning Entity has it's own value range provider.  The value ranges are
completely disjoint sets of value instances although two values from
separate ranges can be considered equivalent for the purposes of the swap.

I have started implementing my move using ShiftAssignmentSwapMove as a
template however I want to be correct and efficient about how and when the
work of searching for the value from the leftEntity's value range that is
equivalent to the rightEntity's current value.

The methods isMoveDoable and doMove must both have this identification made.
Can they share the answer with a class variable in a way that is safe under
caching configurations?

Is there a recommendation for minimizing the repeated effort to identify
these equivalent values?

Thanks,

Jon