[rules-users] NullPointerException with kie-spring 6.0.1 and Spring 4.0

Andrew Berman rexxe98 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 16:59:32 EST 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to play around with Drool 6.0.1 integration with Spring (I'm
using spring-boot which includes spring 4.0).  I've looked at the unit
tests written and have copied them pretty much exactly.  When I start the
app, I consistently receive:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class [org.kie.spring.KModuleBeanFactoryPostProcessor]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:164)
    at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:89)
    at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1069)
    ... 22 more
    at
org.kie.spring.KModuleBeanFactoryPostProcessor.initConfigFilePath(KModuleBeanFactoryPostProcessor.java:79)
    at
org.kie.spring.KModuleBeanFactoryPostProcessor.<init>(KModuleBeanFactoryPostProcessor.java:64)
    at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
    at
org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:148)

When debugging the NPE comes from line 79,
getClass().getResource("/").getPath(), because getResource yields null.
Here is my spring context file:

       xmlns:kie="http://drools.org/schema/kie-spring"
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-4.0.xsd
http://drools.org/schema/kie-spring http://drools.org/schema/kie-spring.xsd
">

    <kie:kmodule id="kmodule">
        <kie:kbase name="kbase1" packages="rules.drools">
            <kie:ksession name="ksession">
                <kie:consoleLogger/>
            </kie:ksession>
        </kie:kbase>
    </kie:kmodule>

    <bean id="kiePostProcessor"
class="org.kie.spring.KModuleBeanFactoryPostProcessor"/>
</beans>

Can someone help out?

Thanks!!