[rules-users] Best Solution found but latest solution does not work

moltenice dabrainstabber at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 13:44:43 EST 2014

Hello all,

I am currently trying to use Optaplanner to create a timetable of
interviewers, where x students are to be given interviews in a given time
slot.

The planning variable is Lecturer class, meaning different lecturers can be
assigned to different timeslots.

Through debugging, I can tell that the planner does optimize (I'm currently
using brute force just to be complete for small problems). But the final
best solution ALWAYS has the results of the last search the optimizer did,
and so the 'best' solution information seems to be lost as soon as the
planner does another search.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong. Can anybody let me know what the problem
is?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Karan

Timetabler.zip