[rules-users] Best Solution found but latest solution does not work

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 02:46:00 EST 2014

Almost nobody uses <bruteForce>, including the examples...
I 've got 1 integration test for it, NQueensBruteForceTest, (and all
tests are green upon a release), so it should work though.

What you're describing sounds like a bug:
DefaultBruteForceSolverPhase somehow forces BestSolutionRecaller to use
the latest workingSolution,
instead of the earlier found bestSolution, as the bestSolution.

But if that bug was real, then NQueensBruteForceTest would fail.
What version of optaplanner are you use?
If you can diagnose with some confidence that this is a bug in
optaplanner itself, create a jira.