[rules-users] Drools 6.0.1 Workbench - How to import existing drl files?

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:40:09 EST 2014

1) When you upload a JAR to the workbench's maven repository you will be
prompted for Group ID, Artifact ID and version; as required by maven, if
the JAR does not already have a pom.

2) In order to manipulate a project outside of the workbench (I.e. add your
rule files) you will need to clone it with the ssh protocol. The workbench
will display the url in the Administration perspective.

3) If you downloaded the drools workbench distribution from the drools
download page it contains a zip with examples.

Drools workbench 6.0 is based upon maven standards and a git repository. If
you are unfamiliar with these please read up on them.

I would also urge you to run the workbench, read the user guide and
familiarise yourself with its operation.

Sent on the move