[rules-users] Drools 6.0.1 Workbench - How to import existing drl files?

mattmadhavan mmadhavan at facs.org
Tue Mar 4 18:18:35 EST 2014

Hi Manstis,
Thank very much for your reply! Please bear with me if I repeat my self with
my questions.

This is the scenario!
* We are moving away from a custom rule engine to Drools
* We are converting the existing rules to .drl using a parser
* I have an standard eclipse project which I am using to test the rules by
good.

Now I want to set up the Drools-workbench so that my analysts can take over
and start adding new rules and test them.

I am new to  drools/Guvnor/Workbench. But i have mastered the standard .DRL
syntax, have written my own custom operator (Which I am going to share
because its really useful for others too) and the project is working great.
I am really strong with Maven but with Git kind'a newbie.

I have gone thro' the docs and able to create a Project, import my model
jars and related jars.  Now I want to import the DRL file from my eclipse
project, set it up and test the individual rules.

I do not really understand your second point!

*2) In order to manipulate a project outside of the workbench (I.e. add your
rule files) you will need to clone it with the ssh protocol. The workbench
will display the url in the Administration perspective. *

Could you please elaborate how do I suck the .drl file from my eclipse
project to the Drools Wrokbench ?

Thanks
Matt'M