[rules-users] Drools 6.0.1 Workbench - How to import existing drl files?

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 03:16:04 EST 2014

Sure.

GIT is a version control system and is the repository implementation the
workbench has by default. Simply put much like any VCS you can push/commit
changes to it.

Whether the changes are made "within" the workbench (as would be the normal
case for most users) or whether you have a link to the VCS from another
tool; does not matter.

Within Eclipse you should be able to clone the GIT repository (think "take
a copy for local use") behind the workbench (using the EGIT plugin). If you
use the SSH protocol (e.g. git clone ssh://admin@server/repository) you
will be able to push changes made in Eclipse back to the workbench (you
could use HTTP, but you won't be able to push changes back).

If this sounds like mumbo-jumbo, please read a bit more about GIT.

With kind regards,

Mike