[rules-users] Temporal rules in decision table

JChrist io.christod at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:14:06 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,
I was messing with drools v6.0.1.Final the past week and I have not been
able to completely understand how to integrate the rule engine to my
specification.

For the needs of my project, I want to regularly insert some data in the
engine, similar to the following:
class Level { double value;Calendar date; }
this class contains some values at specific time points (both in the past
and in the future).

I would like to be able create a decision table based on the "current" time
(plus or minus a variable offset) and the value of the closest Level to that
time point.

For example, assuming it is '2014-11-03 19:10:00' and the level objects in
the session currently are:
'1.0 2014-11-03 18:00:00' and '2.0 2014-11-03 19:00:00',

I would want a rule to say that if current level value is 2.0 then do some
stuff and it would make a match.

I would really appreciate any help on how to overcome this issue, as well as
any good examples/tutorials regarding this.

Kind regards.